The SITE Distribution Program is an 8-week paid internship designed to provide high school juniors and seniors who are interested in potentially pursuing a career in Distribution Services & Operations as a Journeyman Lineman, with an opportunity to obtain a fundamental knowledge of the physical, academic, and practical skills required for a successful career. Students are selected based on review of entire application, supporting documents (HS transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation), interview and pre-employment examination. Students who are admitted into the program, begin as a Distribution Intern and are required to participate in a mandatory 12-day training program, consisting of Fit for Work Ergonomic Education, Safety Training, and Distribution Training & Evaluation. Upon successful completion of the mandatory 12-day training, interns are assigned to an experienced crew consisting of Foreman, Journeyman Lineman, and Trainee. Each crew member serves an Instructor, Safety Enforcer, Role Model, and Mentor, providing an optimal hands-on and safe learning experience.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participate in full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during summer employment
- Must reside in CPS Energy service area
- Pass a drug test, background check, and physical prior to summer employment with CPS Energy
- At least 16 yrs. of age
- Must be a Junior or Senior in high school to apply
- Grade average of 2.00 or higher
- Above Average Attendance
Fill out a CPS Energy online application https://careers.cpsenergy.com/
You will be prompted to upload/attach the following documents to your online application:
- Current High School Transcripts; include Class Standing form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Parent Consent Form, if under the age of 18
- 2 essays on the following topics:
Essay 1: What are your career skills & interests and how are they relevant to CPS Energy?
Essay 2: Safety in the Workplace - What are your thoughts about the following statement?
Read the following: ‘CPS Energy cares about people and safety is emphasized in everything we do. We are all responsible for safety, we train and equip our employees to work as safely as possible.’
Explain how the statement applies to your career interest.