Scheduled Maintenance:  Current Outage Map data will be unavailable on Thursday 10/22,  from  3 - 4 p.m. You can still Report an Outage online. 

We stand ready to help any customer in need. Our People First philosophy led us to suspend disconnects while our community bands together during this challenging time. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance.

On June 19, 2020, in accordance with Bexar County Executive Order NW-10, CPS Energy implemented a COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy to reduce the potential for the spread of COVID-19 in our workplace. Face covering is required. Our modified customer service center hours are 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. If you have tested positive or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance. Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms.

Indoor Safety

Make your home a safety zone

Plugs1

Don't overlook the obvious. Keep safety in mind with common household appliances you use every day.

  • Don't overload circuits by inserting too many plugs into a single outlet
  • Install safety covers on all unused outlets kids can reach, and replace any missing or broken wall plates
  • Make sure all plugs fit securely into outlets; loose-fitting plugs can overheat and lead to fire
  • Avoid overloading outlets with too many appliances
  • Replace any cords or extension cords when they are frayed or cracked
  • Place cords away from traffic areas, but not under carpeting or rugs
  • Use extension cords on a temporary basis; they are not intended as permanent wiring
  • Keep space heaters and halogen floor lamps at least three feet away from combustible materials
  • Turn off space heaters and halogen lamps whenever you leave the room, and don't use them where children are unsupervised
  • Turn pot handles toward the back of the range to prevent children from reaching and pulling down a hot pan
  • Protect electrical outlets with Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs); hire an electrician to install these devices to protect electrical receptacles near water
  • Never use the kitchen range/oven as a space heater
  • Don’t touch a wet appliance, if it is plugged in; first, turn off the power source at the panel board (circuit breaker box) and then unplug the appliance